A button for those with an interest in functionality and user design that says a site is bad.
I call it:
The 'This Site is a Piece of shit' Button
Offenders I have seen this week:
- Facebook apps that force you to like them and then don't work.
- Web pages that link you to someone elses link, which takes you to someone elses link, which might (if you are lucky) take you to the place you actually want to go.
- Pop unders? In 2011??
- Brand sites that make you register before you can engage with them
- "I just spent 5 minutes getting my QR reader to work for this?!"
- Mobile sites that are big enough to strain a home Wi-Fi connection
- This video is not available in your country (even though the content is)
- The Ben Terrett Award for bad typography
- (From Nick) "Let me just resize your browser window for you, as our site is so awesome it has to take up your whole screen!"
- (From Nick) "How about some fancy music? No? Well, I'll play it anyway, and hide the 'mute' button in the top right hand corner for you."
- (From Miss Heather) An intro page. Still? Really?! Do you not see why this is such a bad thing?