With that in mind, here are the positive things that we as a nation should take from a very divisive politician who, for better or worse changed the country forever.
- She proved that women are capable of doing any job as well as (or better) than men.
- She proved that you don't have to be born into wealth and go to Eton to become Prime Minister.
- She proved that with strong enough convictions, people really can change things.
- Unlike modern day Tories, she actually believed that the poor were capable of achieving. The method may have been wrong, but we all need to have more faith in people to grow.
- Without her, Spitting Image would never have been as good.