Thursday, November 20, 2008

Discomfortingly Good

I received one of the many PR emails I get each week yesterday, and opened it expecting another disappointing piece of work (on the whole about 50% of what I get is average, and only 10% worth posting).

Instead what I got was something nice, interactive, clever and sweet.

Creature Discomforts - A new range of flash games animated by Aardman animation to spread the word on Leonard Chesire Disability; and promote the idea that we should see disabled people for what they can do, not what they can't.

Each game has a character with a disability, with my favourite being the Tortoise jumping game.

There are also some tv ads in the creature comforts style, working just as well as it always has in getting across gentle but powerful messages from disabled people on their lives. They are sweet without being saccarine, and you can't help but admire the people who have made these statements. My favourite being: "I have standard reply to people who say I can't do things... Watch me."

Great work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing when they came through to me Rob. Quite right, a lovely piece of work.

BTW, do you ever get pitches offering you a cash incentive to post? Had my first one of those today. Extraordinary.

Actually, is was a cute piece of work so I posted it regardless. But it's a funny old world, I was prompted to think.

Cheers now,
J.