Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Shoe... Go On SHOE. Stupid ad...

Latest company to cross over into awful ad territory: Brantano.

The latest ad for Brantano shoes feature a female professor Brantano (supposedly on a par with Freud...) who discovers the part of the brain that makes women go mad for shoes.

Now, the ad appears to be aiming itself at women, yet taking the piss out of them in a remarkably unsubtle and charmless way. Its a little amusing, but it borders on the patronising in the way it depicts all women as helpless over shoes.


I cant find a video to show those of you who havent seen it, I will keep looking...

5 comments:

denis lyons said...

you can find the spot here: http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA2977&advertiser=Brantano

i think it's quite hilarious and well produced ad!

Anonymous said...

Thanks.

It is slightly funny (mainly the woman at the end), but I worry about women if they respond to an ad that shows them as one dimensional irrational characters (regardless of the truth ;) ;) ;) )

Anonymous said...

Unsubtle? Charmless? This ad is brilliant. It's so bang on!

Anonymous said...

You really think so?
I like the idea, but I dont think its produced very well; I think they could have done a lot more with it.

Unknown said...

I love my josef seibel shoes..and i wear them everyday....