Tuesday, October 02, 2007

And from there,,,

Having mentioned TV's worst ads in my last post, I'd like to post about an ad I saw on there that I somehow missed on TV in my post-wedding haze of busyness; and also one I saw last night.

Everybody knows a bloke like Mickey. No. No I don't. Oddly enough, contrived characters of stereotypical vain anality hardly exist in the real world. I thought it would be hard for Head and Shoulders ads to get any worse. But good grief this is poor.

Secondly, a new Ocean Finance ad (you know where this is heading... thats right, financial metaphors!) which shows financial services as lanes in a swimming pool. It looks low budget, its badly shot, its badly written, badly voiced over, as patronising as David Cameron claiming to understand a gun crime teenager in Hackney, and FAR too long. I mean fuck, it just drones on and on and on and on and on and on and on... and then it cuts to an Ocean. HAHAH! I see what they did there, genius.

No. Just yet another bloody awful financial ad on UK tv.


David Mortimer said...

Still, good casting, he is plain gorgeous.

np said...

Hair is not a secret weapon for me I'm afraid