Monday, January 19, 2009

Do The Mashed Potata

The new ad for T-Mobile has been causing a bit of a stir on the web. A nice (but very long) video featuring some contagious dancing on Liverpool St station. (Why are these things always in central London...)

The choice of music is good, the execution is good, and the idea and feeling it gives off seem much better than the stuff T-Mobile have done recently.

The only thing that makes me unsure is where the line of genuine moment and rehearsed performance fits in. Regardless its a good piece of film, but the message feels less special if its not a real moment.



The best Liverpool St video however is still this one:

2 comments:

Robert said...

Maybe it's just me, but I think you make a very important point about these stunts only being executed in central London ... especially when it's a brand that is trying to talk to the masses, rather than just the Southern jessies :)

I remember trying to get Tango to do multiple regional ads [I failed] but I still think the reasoning behind it was valid and not just because people take greater 'ownership' of things when it represents their own locality.

Nice post matey ...

Age said...

Great post and nice comment Rob.

I'd never seen that TaxLo$$ clip but it's fucking brilliant! Anarchy!!