Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rob a Job...

Ah those great people at Cynic have created a blog with the sole aim of helping me get a planning job! This is even more considering Andy (who created it) has a rather extreme dislike of planners!

Such great people as:

Peter at Crispin Porter + Bogusky
Faris Yakob of Naked
The Legend (Russell Davies)
Northern Planner
Scott, Dave and Woolford of Publicity Bureau
The Organic Frog
Patrick and John at Attik

Have already signed it!

Im flattered and amused by it all really, but if you think I deserve a planning job id really appreciate it if you would sign/post on it!

Give Rob a Job

Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob,

we've never met. But I've seen/read/encounted you on blogs and stuff. I've signed. I'm out of agency life now (I'm 10 years older than you) and gone on to do other fun things. My ad-agency time was great, and I wish you luck and all the best.

marcus

Anonymous said...

rob. i set up the petition because i thought you were alright [for a planner] and then i read your blog [as i wondered why we were getting more people signing] and what do i see?

i see something i hate.

shit grammar.

please write in complete sentences, its quite important especially for planners who write 99 words when 1 will do. [except my bods who are lazy and use one photo and then talk for 9 hours around it]

please sort it out or i'll force our IT bods to take the site down then where will you be eh? eh?

Anonymous said...

Hehe.
I totally agree, I hate needless bad grammar. Maybe not as much as you do, but a lot...

I think the problem for most planners is that they very much work on the tip of their brain. You think of something and try to get it down before you think of something else.

That means often the grammar and spelling ends up taking second fiddle!

I like to think im more in the school of using the minimum number of words possible... within reason.

I'll try to keep the grammar quality up for you :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marcus!

Anonymous said...

Andy sent an all staff email telling people to sign the bloomin' petition.

Have you got any dodgy photos of him or something?

If you have, name your price - I want 'em.

Hope you're good and it all works out.

Oh, you're right about Planners thinking on the tip of their brain - I review docos and see all sorts of mistakes. Thank God Andy has 'grammar-hawk-eyes' or I/we would be buggered.