Monday, April 01, 2013

The Advertisers Book Club

Here's an idea I may start on Facebook/similar this week.

There are so so many planning, strategic, creative, design, branding, behaviour (etc etc) books that I'd like to read, or re-read. Those that I've never got round to buying, those that I read at work but don't have a personal copy of, and so on.

We should have a book club. Where agency folk from all around the world can share and swap books in order to expand our collective reading lists. That way we can read more and see more books, and know which books are worth buying and holding on to.

I think this sort of thing should work on a swap basis, so you swap with someone, and then either swap back or re-swap for something new with someone else. That way you both pay similar postage which makes it fairer.

Would anyone be interested?

3 comments:

Angus said...

I think it's a great idea. I'm not in a lifestage where I could easily be an active participant but for what it's worth I'd love a potential additional benefit of such a book club which might be small reviews of books or an understanding of whether the general impression was good or bad from the group. So I, in my limited spare time, know what to prioritise. So, basically, getting everyone else to do the hard work for me...

Rob Mortimer (aka Famous Rob) said...

Haha I wasn't thinking of it in terms of filtering what we read, but I suppose that could be one use!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, when i look at the books on my bookshelf that i would like to reread but probably never will it would be a great way to share them around.