Monday, October 20, 2008

Piers Morgan on M&S Steak


It is my opinion, and therefore fact; that this ad is a pile of useless steaming shit. (Pardon the Parkerism) 'I know' said someone... I hope to god not a creative. 'Let's take our highly effective, culturally renowned, much imitated, sector leading ads; remove the good bits, add a celebrity no one in their right mind could possibly be influenced by for food, and give him some rubbish script that starts off with what sounds like an insult to our customers intelligence.

Campaign's turkey of the week? More like a Bernard Matthews bird flu contaminated turkey farm.

What the fuck were you thinking RKCR? Oh right...

1 comment:

Robert said...

I don't know what's happened to you Mr M while I've been away - but I like this new angry you.

You're right, it's a big steaming pile of poo and you're also right about RKCR, but it's not totally their fault, you just need to know the politics behind the scenes [at a holding company level] to realise how mediocrity is being pushed as a strategic imperatve, ha!

Great post - more like this please.