Wednesday, April 18, 2007

For Those Who Are Aboout to Blog...

There is a strange sense of mini-mourning going on around the planning/ad blogosphere at the moment...

As fresh from Northern Planners Blog break, both Russell, Marcus and Sacrum have declared their intention to quit or limit their blogging.

It seems unusual to me that blogging can take up so much time and effort as to need quitting though, surely if you just write when you feel like it rather than letting people dictate when you write?

Certainly ive never tried to force blog entries on here (hence the gaps that sometimes appear), I just blog when I have something to say.

Maybe they are just casualties of popularity, which is sad.

6 comments:

lauren said...

i guess we should be grateful that they haven't taken up smack addictions to cope with their fame..

Anonymous said...

Totally agree, post when you feel like it, don't feel you have to.

SchizoFishNChimps said...

It can be a self-enforced tyranny. Going on leave might help break the cycle and make one realise that there are more productive things to do.
Jeez, I need a holiday.

onewomanrunning said...

Jan/Feb, I had stuff going on so couldn't post, and then really didn't feel like it, so I didn't post anything - kept thinking about it, but I didn't want to/couldn't be arsed to as it felt like a chore. Didn't read any blogs either. Now, I'm posting rather frequently and I'm enjoying it.

Unless your blog is a work thing - earns you money, agree with np, post when you feel like it, otherwise there's no fun in it.

Anonymous said...

..and I'm very glad to avoid the burden of popularity too.

Sorry I'm feeling grumpy. I'm working from home, I was looking forward to working outside and suddenly it's bloody freezing.
Humph!

Anonymous said...

Gutted for you!

Im so knackered, went to a gig in Manchester last night, didnt get home til 1-30am...